Sunday, September 21, 2008

Antelope and electric motorcycles



Wanting to listen to a some auto racing on the radio, I mounted the SIRIUS to the bike and went riding for a couple of hours. Not wanting me or my bike to end up like Alfred or his bike after hitting an antelope, I pulled off the road to watch some of them cross the road. I've seen many antelope while out riding and have some photos of them, but no photos of one with the Wasatch Mountains in the background.
Reminded me of last summer when Dave Glenn gave me 3 pounds of antelope jerky as I was passing through Lander, WY.
I was in Lehi, UT. and a riding on a red Kawasaki Ninja went by. On the rear of his bike was lettering that spelled out "Electric". I didn't think much of it. After all, my bike has electricity going on it as well. Without it, I wouldn't be listening to the radio. A minute later and the bike is opposite of me at an intersection. I noticed that something was different. We pass, and I realize that it was an electric motor in place of the gasoline engine on this bike. I turn around to try and catch the rider and check out this contraption, but I never found him. A google search found his website though. Check this out!
More about converting a Ninja to electric here.
If I can get some more garage space, maybe I'll have to build one of these electric motorcycles.

No comments: