Friday, September 19, 2008

Duchesne Ridge




Bob and Sam invited me along for the afternoon adventure in the Uinta range. While dining in front of the Maverick convenience store in Heber City, UT., we ran into Glenn who related a little about his travels in Africa by motorcycle, earlier in the year. Glenn owns Rocky Road Outfitters and I probably hadn't seen him since we were in the same program during college.

After breakfast we headed east, over the Duchesne ridge, over Soapstone Pass, and ended up at the Road Island Diner in Oakley, UT. for lunch. Riding conditions were great with a little rain and hail to help keep the dust down. Wrangler Bob treated us with a visit to Camp Roger.

Food at the Road Island Diner today was fine. I had the Rueben sandwich with chips. I'd just as soon not have a television at each end of the restaurant, unless something good is on. Golf was on today. They should have just turned the TV off. I almost had decided not to go back to the diner since the last time I was there and all of the patrons were forced to sit through a lousy sitcom on some unheard of, no-name channel.

No comments: